As I See It (Subject To Change . . . )

My random thoughts and personal opinions on a variety of topics.

Friday, February 08, 2008

What Is Wrong With This Picture?


One common reason elderly people give for not wanting to move to a retirement facility is because all the other elderly people do is talk about their surgeries and complain about their aches and pains.


And the difference between that and the commercials on television is ???


I am so tired of commercials for dysfunctional body parts (one in particular) and dysfunctional body systems. If a commercial is required to say any variation of "ask your doctor" or "tell your doctor" then please do it in the privacy of the doctor's office and NOT in my living room. I do NOT care and it is NONE of my business and I do NOT want to know.


It gets even worse.


The major drug companies pay megabucks to the networks for commercial time to shove this info in our faces over and over ad nauseum.


People flock to the doctors and like good little robots, they do as they are told and "ask their doctor" about whatever drug has caught their attention.


The doctor, burdened with samples, gives some to the patient and prescribes more.


Fast forward a few years and - ACK - now we have commercials from law firms trolling for customers who were victims of these same advertised drugs that turned out to have some rather nasty unforeseen side effects.


Am I the only one who sees anything wrong with this picture?
UPDATE: Aparently I am NOT the only one who sees something wring with this picture. Read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home